Parovoz threw open its doors for the ArtMasters National Open Championship of Creative Competences. The internal module of the final competition round of the «artist-animator» competence was held at the studio from 13 to 21 August 2021 . Production director Vera Myakisheva was one of the experts at the championship.
The ArtMasters National Open Championship of Creative Competences is a new large-scale project in the field of creative industries. It is a professional competition for backstage specialists. The championship is intended to support representatives of these professions, to reveal their potential, to become a social and professional lift and a jumping-off place for those who are choosing their own path.
«An opportunity not only to be successful, but also demonstrate talents and capabilities, receive relevant support — advanced training, internship, has become available for a number of very talented, creative people who were unnoticed due to the peculiarities of their work» — the First Deputy chief of staff of the President of the Russian Federation and Chairman of the supervisory board of the championship Sergei Kiriyenko said in the interview to Channel One.
The competition is held for the second year in a row. The participants can be from 18 to 35 years old. The winners of the final round of the main age category receive a cash certificate for the intended use:
1st place: 500,000
2nd place: 300,000
3rd place: 150,000
According to the terms of the competition, the cash certificate can be spent for educational purposes; on the purchase of professional equipment and materials, tools and software in the field of work and implementation of own project.
List of prize equipment (one or more prizes for each winner):
- Acer ConceptD 7 laptop
- Acer ConceptD 3 laptop
- Apple MacBook 16
- Wacom Cintiq Tablet
Creative challenges of the competition test the following knowledge of the participants:
- knowledge of 12 Disney principles of animation;
- knowledge of basic technologies for the production of an animated film;
- knowledge of computer graphics possibilities and restrictions for the development of artistic and graphic design of motion in animation;
- knowledge of basic drama principles, stage acts;
- knowledge of the following categories: conflict, event, suspense, catharsis, mimesis;
- knowledge of the principle of stage time and space coordination;
- knowledge of theoretical principles of compositional construction in a graphic and volumetric-spatial animation project;
- knowledge of contemporary trends in animation;
- knowledge of the means and methods of motion implementing in animation;
- knowledge of the technological sequence for the production of a computer-animation project;
- knowledge of the technological sequence of the background part production;
- knowledge of fine arts types and styles;
- knowledge of pictorial and graphic techniques types;
- knowledge of color science basic principles;
- knowledge of the means and methods for the decorative part implementation in creative projects;
- ability to work in a creative team;
- creation of own works promo;
- ability to workflow;
- bringing artistic intent to life by visualizing the motion of an animated character, using sequential images in hand-drawn animation.